- Veterans Day Parade - Downtown Grand Junction, Saturday, November 8th at 2:00 p.m. 'Honoring America's Veterans for their patriotism, love of country & willingness to serve and sacrifice for the common good.'
- Veterans Day Ceremony - Western Slope Vietnam War Memorial Park at the Colorado Visitors Center (340 Highway 340, Fruita) at 11:00 a.m. on Tuesday, November 11th.
- Meet the Veterans - Mesa County Libraries' Veterans Remember - a new online video collection kick off includes this Meet the Veterans event November 11th at Chik Fil A from 4pm to 6pm.
- Great Clips' Thank a Veteran promotion on Tuesday, November 11, 2014; Military members can go to any Grand Junction/Montrose Great Clips salon and will receive a free haircut or pick up a free haircut card to use, with proof of service, to use any day before Dec 31, 2014. Other customers who get a haircut on November 11th will receive a free haircut card to give to an active/inactive/retired military member of any branch, including the National Guard.
- Free Entrance to Colorado National Monument on Veterans Day, Tuesday, November 11th. Free entrance is for everyone at all 401 national parks. The National Park Service also provides active duty members of the military and their dependents with an annual national park pass, an $80 value, at no charge.
- 5th Annual Holiday Food Drive to Support Local Veterans - donations accepted October 15th through December 15th, 2014 at the Grand Junction Vet Center at 2472 F Road, Unit 16, Grand Junction (970) 245-4156. You donation of canned and non-perishable food items will help feed local veterans and their families during the holidays.
Happy Veterans Day