Many Mesa County offices will be closed on Friday, Dec. 25, and Friday, Jan. 1, in observance of the Christmas and New Year’s holidays.
These offices will be closed both days:
- Animal Services, 971A Coffman Road near Whitewater
- Commissioners, Treasurer, Assessor, Surveyor, Finance, Administration, 544 Rood Ave.
- County Attorney, 544 Rood Ave.
- Clerk & Recorder (Motor Vehicle/Recording/Elections), Grand Junction, Clifton and Fruita locations
- District Attorney
- Grand Valley Transit
- Facilities and Fairgrounds
- Health & Human Services, 510 29 1/2 Road
- Hazardous Waste Collection Facility and Solid Waste Administration, 3071 U.S. Hwy. 50
- Public Works and Planning, 200 S. Spruce St.
- Regional Transportation Planning, 525 S. Sixth St.
- Resource Management, 544 Rood
- Sheriff (Records Division), 215 Rice St.
- Tri-River Extension, 2775 U.S. Hwy. 50
- Workforce Center, 512 29 1/2 Road
These offices have special hours on days surrounding the holidays:
- Hazardous Waste Collection Facility and Solid Waste Administration will close at noon on Dec. 24.
- District Attorney, 125 N. Spruce St., will close at 2 p.m. on Dec. 31
- Animal Services will be open from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. only on Dec. 24 and 31.
These offices will be open both days:
- Criminal Justice Services, 636 South Ave.
- Sheriff (Jail, Patrol, Emergency Services), 215 Rice St.
- Sheriff (Alternative Sentencing Unit), 559 Pitkin Ave.