In support of spring cleanup efforts throughout Mesa County, the Board of County Commissioners is sponsoring a free day of garbage disposal at the Mesa County Landfill and at the Molina, Fruita, Gateway and DeBeque transfer stations.
Free day exceptions include tire disposal, electronic waste, appliances containing refrigerants and commercially hauled materials. These items will be subject to normal tipping fees. Electronic waste is accepted for $0.42 per pound at the Hazardous Waste Collection Facility.
Free days at the Mesa County Landfill and transfer stations:
- Molina Transfer Station, March 28, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Fruita Transfer Station, April 4, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Mesa County Landfill, April 11, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Gateway Transfer Station, April 18, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- DeBeque Transfer Station, April 25, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
In the event of high wind, community members should call (970) 241-6846 to check the closure status of the landfill or transfer stations. Each facility is subject to closure during periods of high wind, as mandated by state regulation and operational procedures.
For more information, please call (970) 241-6846.