Mesa County Administrator Frank Whidden presented the proposed 2017 budget to the Mesa County Board of Commissioners this morning in public hearing.
View his PowerPoint presentation and other budget documents here.
In the proposed budget, the general fund is balanced at $55,376,709 proposed revenue and $56,465,243 proposed expenditures.
Public comment period is now underway. Comments are encouraged through the following venues:
- Budget town halls
- Wednesday, Oct. 26, 5:30-6:30 p.m., Starvin Arvin’s, 3247 F Road in Clifton
- Thursday, Nov. 3, 5:30-6:30 p.m., Old Courthouse, 544 Rood Ave., public hearing room on the second floor
- Monday, Nov. 14, 5:30-6:30 p.m., Fruita Community Center, 324 N. Coulson Ave.
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/mesacounty
- E-mail: email@example.com.
- Board of County Commissioner Hearings
- Hearings are typically held every Monday morning at 9 a.m. at 544 Rood Ave. The hearings include an unscheduled business portion of the agenda. Community members are welcome to provide feedback on the proposed 2017 budget at that time. For upcoming Commissioner hearing agendas, visit http://www.mesacounty.us/commissioners/template.aspx?id=23925
In November, county staff will finalize the budget, and in late November, the board will give staff final direction.
Final adoption of the 2017 budget is planned for the Dec. 5 public hearing at 9:00 a.m.