Most Mesa County administrative offices will close on Monday, Dec. 26 and Monday, Jan. 2, in observance of the Christmas and New Year holidays.
Observed holiday closures:
- Administration, Assessor, County Commissioners, County Attorney, Financial Services, Human Resources, IT, Surveyor, Treasurer (544 Rood Ave.)
- Clerk & Recorder: Motor Vehicle/Recording/Elections/Clerk to the Board (200 S. Spruce St.)
- Facilities and Fairgrounds (2785 U.S. Hwy. 50)
- Health Department & Department of Human Services (510 29 1/2 Road)
- Solid Waste Management Campus (3071 U.S. Hwy. 50)
- Public Works, Building, and Planning (971 Coffman Road & 200 S. Spruce St.)
- Regional Transportation Planning Office (525 S. Sixth St.)
- Sheriff’s Office: Records and Civil Divisions (215 Rice St.)
- Tri River CSU Extension (2775 U.S. Hwy. 50)
- Workforce Center (512 29 1/2 Road)
Actual holiday closures:
- Animal Services (971A Coffman Road near Whitewater) will close on Sunday, Dec. 25 and Sunday, Jan. 1 but will be open on Monday, Dec. 26 and Monday, Jan. 2 from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Grand Valley Transit ("GVT") (525 S. 6th Street) will close on Sunday, Dec. 25 and Sunday, Jan. 1 but will be open on Monday, Dec. 26 and Monday, Jan. 2.
Closures do NOT include:
- Coroner's Office
- Criminal Justice Services (all locations)
- Sheriff’s Office: Jail, Patrol, Emergency Services (215 Rice St.)