Based on the 2015 ACS data and rural area guidance located in Handbook HB-1-3550, Chapter 5, the rural eligibility designation is under review for the following areas:
1) Brighton, CO – (Adams County) - Town and surrounding area
2) Erie, CO – (Boulder/Weld Counties) - Town and surrounding area.
3) Clifton, CO - (Mesa County) - Town and surrounding area.
4) Fruita, CO – (Mesa County) - Town and surrounding area.
5) Johnstown, CO – (Larimer/Weld Counties) - Town and surrounding area.
6) Firestone, CO – (Weld County) - Town and surrounding area.
7) Frederick, CO – (Weld County) - Town and surrounding area.
The public shall have 90 days from the date of this public notice to submit comments regarding the potential loss of eligibility for Rural Development housing programs. Comments should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submitted comments will be reviewed and any changes made will be published April 1, 2018. The nationwide implementation for all map changes will be June 4, 2018.
For details or questions about specific changes, please contact the Colorado Rural Development Housing Program staff at (720) 544-2929. A copy of this notice has also been posted on our website at www.rd.usda.gov/co under the “Highlights” section.