Mesa County, Colo. – As a follow-up to an earlier Mesa County Press Release announcing limited access to their buildings and in-person services, to help reduce the rate of COVID-19 transmission; Mesa County Clerk & Recorder's Office is urging residents to use online services. Services by phone, email, or self-service kiosks are also available. Residents may also utilize the dropbox in the Central Services Building Lobby, Fruita and Clifton.
Although closed to the public, clerks will be working normal hours of operation from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (subject to change) staffing phone lines and email.
- Notice: Fruita and Clifton satellite offices are closed until further notice.
- Most services are available online (https://mydmv.colorado.gov/_/) including vehicle registration, tag renewals, duplicate registration or title requests, address changes, disability parking, and more.
- If you are in doubt or have any issues renewing online, call our office at 970-244-1664. Staff can help to complete a transaction over email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private party sales (person-to-person vehicle sales), please review Plates by Mail and call first to verify you have all the necessary paperwork or do it online at https://clerk.mesacounty.us/mv/quick-trip-tips/. To continue to provide excellent customer service, for the present time the Clerk & Recorder will waive the $5.00 Plates by Mail fee.
- For vehicle title name/ownership changes, please call first to verify all necessary paperwork.
- Special Mobile Machinery (SMM) registration.
- Call first for all other services at 970-244-1664.
- The Recording Office will only issue marriage licenses as an in-person service, by appointment only to control the gathering of the public. This is limited to the couple only. To set up an appointment for a marriage license, visit https://snapappointments.com/mesaclerk.
- For a marriage license application, visit https://recording.mesacounty.us/landmarkweb/marriagekiosk?title=Marriage.
- All other recording services, such as recording a document, searching records, etc., will be handled over the phone and by email. Call our office for assistance at 970-244-1679 or visit https://clerk.mesacounty.us/recording/.
- There is a dropbox on the outside of the Recording Office for documents that need to be processed.
- Email: Recording@mesacounty.us.
- Please call our office for assistance with voter registration and election-related needs at 970-244-1662 or visit govotecolorado.gov .
- For petition collections, please call us to arrange an in-person visit.
- Email: Elect@mesacounty.us.
For updates related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), go to https://health.mesacounty.us/covid19/.